Audiobooks: The Must-Have Format of the Now and Future Publisher
Description: We welcome back Women in Publishing Summit sponsor, Diane Lasek of ListenUp Audio for a conversation about audiobooks as the future of book publishing, and what every author needs to know.
Level: This presentation is for all levels.
SVP, ListenUp Audio
Diane promotes the audiobook production and distribution services that ListenUp offers to the indie arena. She enjoys providing information and guidance to indie authors and publishers and implementing strategies that help authors gain more listenership and success with their audiobooks.
Diane has had a long career in content creation, marketing and distribution and for the last five years she’s been busy building the platform for ListenUp. Visit the website at www.listenupindie.pub
Mentioned in this video:
- The DOWN and DIRTY truth for writers
- Why you should, or shouldn’t, pursue an audio book
- How to determine your cost for an audiobook with ListenUp
- Why you need a voice narrator
- The importance of professional sound recording and engineering
- Why you shouldn’t do it on your audiobook on your own
- The process of working with ListenUp – exactly what you need to do
- Common issues Diane sees
- Distribution of audiobooks
- You should have an audience and a solid ebook sales performance before an audio
- What the big sellers are doing
- Tips for specific genres
- Tips on getting the most royalties on your audiobooks
- Distribution with ListenUp
- The Book my company did with ListenUp: What Do I Do – available via all retail sites, Hoopla, Overdrive, etc https://www.overdrive.com/media/5181434/what-do-i-do
[bctt tweet=”According to @ListenUpAudio, #audiobooks are the future of #publishing. Do you agree? Check out this interview with Diane Lasek at #womeninpublishingsummit. #womeninpublishing ” username=”womeninpublish1″]
There is ONE way to still access the full 2020 experience... you can get your Full Conference Pass upgrade now!
The Full Conference Pass/ Community Access is lifetime access to all of the presentations, in video and audio form. Additionally, you get access to a private support community where we are helping each other through our writing, publishing, and selling journeys. And bonus materials! Thousands of dollars of gifts, products, discounts, training, and more have been provided by our speakers and sponsors. You can learn more about the Full Conference Pass here or you can go ahead and grab it now!