PR & Marketing for Authors
Description: Kristi Dosh, CEO, Guide My Brand, talks with Alexa about PR & marketing for authors.
Format: Video Q&A
Level: This presentation is for all levels.
CEO, Guide My Brand
Kristi Dosh is a publicist who founded Guide My Brand to work with entrepreneurs and nonfiction authors to establish themselves as experts in their niches and become more visible for their expertise through opportunities such as guest blogs, podcast interviews, public speaking engagements, feature articles and media appearances. Kristi is her own best case study, beginning her career as a corporate attorney and used a combination of blogging, social media, public speaking and media appearances to become a nationally-recognized expert on the business of sports. She left the corporate world to work for such outlets as Forbes and ESPN, and today she works with busy entrepreneurs and nonfiction authors who want to become experts themselves and step into the spotlight so they can grow their businesses. You can visit her website at www.guidemybrand.com and join her free, private Facebook group, The Visibility Workshop.
Mentioned in this video:
target audience; nonfiction writers who are interested in big publicity to grow their business.
- Owning your own story to grow the know, like, and trust factor with your audience.
- Kristi’s unusual path to becoming a publicist and owning a PR agency.
- How you can grow an audience by blogging and taking to social media; writing on your topic all over the place.
- The visibility that being on Forbes gave her; building a portfolio and becoming known as an expert
- How long it takes to build a platform – 12 – 13 years to get where she is
- Kristi’s book deals and the difference between them
- Knowing where your audience is and making sure you’re spending your time where your audience is.
- Why you should slow down, take your time with your publishing timeline so that you have enough time to do proper marketing
- Min of 90 days for pure marketing; 6-9 months if possible (especially if you have no platform & depending on your goals)
- The best (and worst) media outlets for marketing books
- How a book can get you speaking engagements and how speaking engagements help you sell books
- Success case study
- Ripple effects of a solid publicity campaign prior to launch
- From the Shadows Into the Spotlight training program
- Affiliate link to From the Shadows to the Spotlight: https://fromtheshadowstothespotlight.com/abigwarfe/2
- Why Kristi likes podcasts so much for book launch publicity
- What editors and producers at major outlooks look for when selecting guests
- Start talking about your book early and often
[bctt tweet=”We're talking about PR and marketing for authors with @SportsBizMiss today @womeninpublish1. #authorpreneur #womeninpublishingsummit #amwriting #ampublishing” username=”writepublishsell”]
There is ONE way to still access the full 2020 experience... you can get your Full Conference Pass upgrade now!
The Full Conference Pass/ Community Access is lifetime access to all of the presentations, in video and audio form. Additionally, you get access to a private support community where we are helping each other through our writing, publishing, and selling journeys. And bonus materials! Thousands of dollars of gifts, products, discounts, training, and more have been provided by our speakers and sponsors. You can learn more about the Full Conference Pass here or you can go ahead and grab it now!
Thank you Kristi.
I did a pre release plan and managed to recuperate the outgoing costs of publishing, so that’s a positive for a first time book.
I did charity events that also brought book sales.
You have encouraged me to link my two books in with the book I am writing now and think of a talk that links them all to enable me to build an audience for the next book release. I am also thinking more seriously about starting up my business which also would link to all books.