Tips for Marketing a Children’s Book
Description: Maria Dismondy, Publisher at Cardinal Rule Press, talks with Alexa about tips to market children’s books.
Format: Video Q&A
Level: This presentation is for all levels.
Publisher at Cardinal Rule Press
Award-winning author and founder of the publishing company, Cardinal Rule Press, Maria Dismondy inspires and educates others in the book industry. Her background in early education and research enables her to touch lives the world over while touring as a public speaker in schools, community forums, and at national conferences. When Maria isn’t working, she can be found embarking on adventures throughout southeast Michigan and beyond, where she lives with her husband and three book-loving children. Find out more at CardinalRulePress.com
Mentioned in this video:
- Insight on the children’s book submission process for traditional publishing
- Follow submission guidelines because there are SO many submissions
- There’s a lot to know about the publishing process
- Difference between different types of publishing presses
- The importance of an author engaging in marketing, even if they’re traditionally published
- You must build your platform
- Children’s book authors need to be on Instagram – because your audience is teachers and moms are on IG
- Tips that have worked best for Maria / children’s books on marketing
- Making the shift to focusing on teachers has made all the difference
- Lesson plans in books and as an incentive
- Pinterest – teachers are pinning their ideas on how they are using the books
- Book packs for teachers – give them away to teachers; free book, in a package with fun goodies (invest $25-$50) in exchange
- Every children’s book can have a lesson plan
- How to earn money through school visits
- Grants for schools for author visits
- Read Spaghetti in a Hot Dog Bun on Youtube – hundreds of thousands of views
Maria’s parenting book: Sunny Side Upbringing: A Month by Month Guide to Raising Kind and Caring Kids
All Access Pass Members will receive a recording of the detailed MasterClass we held with Maria where she walks us through the process of booking author visits at schools.
Teachers Pay Teachers https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/
[bctt tweet=”We’re talking about #tips for #marketing a #childrensbook with @CardinalRulePrs today @womeninpublish1. #authorpreneur #womeninpublishingsummit #amwriting #ampublishing” username=”writepublishsell”]
There is ONE way to still access the full 2020 experience... you can get your Full Conference Pass upgrade now!
The Full Conference Pass/ Community Access is lifetime access to all of the presentations, in video and audio form. Additionally, you get access to a private support community where we are helping each other through our writing, publishing, and selling journeys. And bonus materials! Thousands of dollars of gifts, products, discounts, training, and more have been provided by our speakers and sponsors. You can learn more about the Full Conference Pass here or you can go ahead and grab it now!