How to market a series to make big money: a simple method for success with fiction
Description: Steff Green, Author, speaker, and publishing coach, talks with Alexa about how to market a series.
Format: Video Q&A
Level: This presentation is for all levels.
Author, speaker, and publishing coach
Steff Green is a USA Today bestselling author, speaker, publishing coach, and heavy metal maiden – and she wants to help you rock your author career. Under her pen name Steffanie Holmes, she’s self-published more than 35 novels of the paranormal, gothic, dark, and fantastical. Steff received the 2017 Attitude Award for Artistic Achievement, and was a finalist for a 2018 Women of Influence award. Her books are enjoyed by thousands of readers all over the world. Legally-blind since birth, Steff has dealt with rejection her whole life. Steff is a popular speaker about self-publishing and author career planning, and she’s also the founder of Rage Against the Manuscript (www.rageagainstthemanuscript.com) – an online community and resource to inspire you to tell your story, find your readers, and build a badass writing career.
Mentioned in this video:
- How Steph got into writing paranormal and dark genres
- She wanted to be an archaeologist and work in museums, but people wouldn’t give her a chance because of her blindness
- Wise advice from her boyfriend (now husband) encouraged her to try to do something that people couldn’t tell her she could not do – WRITER was the first thing that popped to mind
- Her original publisher fell through
- How the Kindle & the new developments in Self-publishing rocked her world
- Her journey learning the ropes as a writer and a MARKETER and how much fun she had learning the process
- Her little paranormal shapeshifter novella that sold 1000 copies in a week – The Art of Cunning
- How important it is to produce a book that is written and designed PERFECTLY to market – this is the key to success
- Selling books in a series – putting on your publishers hat and becoming educated in the process
- The importance of read through rates and understanding how series sell
- The ways different companies promote your series
- Marketing a series of books
- The mistakes authors make when marketing a series
- Rage against the writers training program Rageagainstthemanuscript.com
[bctt tweet=”We're talking about how to #market a series with Steff Green today @womeninpublish1. #authorpreneur #womeninpublishingsummit #amwriting #ampublishing” username=”writepublishsell”]
There is ONE way to still access the full 2020 experience... you can get your Full Conference Pass upgrade now!
The Full Conference Pass/ Community Access is lifetime access to all of the presentations, in video and audio form. Additionally, you get access to a private support community where we are helping each other through our writing, publishing, and selling journeys. And bonus materials! Thousands of dollars of gifts, products, discounts, training, and more have been provided by our speakers and sponsors. You can learn more about the Full Conference Pass here or you can go ahead and grab it now!
huge intro to sit through when there is so much good material to get through today. Re cliff hanger, I had one in the first two book of my trilogy, but then added a few pages of the next book as a sneak preview. Did that defeat the purpose of the cliff hanger?
Thank you for your presentation. Congrats on selling 100 copies in a week? The Art Of Cunning.
You need to read Suzanne Collin’s series, Gregor the Overlander. I LOVE that series!! 🙂
Cool I will check it out!
Absolutely loved this presentation, sooooo much info for fiction writers. Will definitely be connecting with Steph in the future xXx