Shifting mindset as a parent and working writer
Description: Author and working mom Daphne James Huff on the mindset shift required to balance working full-time and being a successful author
Format: Video Q&A
Level: This presentation is for all levels.
Daphne James Huff
Author & Co-Founder of Writer Mom Life
Daphne James Huff is the pen name of a writer mom who spends her days as an HR professional and trained executive coach, and her nights and weekends as a podcaster, runner, and yogi. She can sing all the songs in “The Pirates of Penzance” from memory and distrusts people who enjoy raisins in their cookies. You can find more about her books on her author website – https://www.daphnejameshuff.com/ – and hear her chat with other writer moms over at Writer Mom Life – http://writermomlife.com/ – the podcast and online community created by and featuring indie author moms. You can also follow WML on Twitter (@WriterMomLife) and Instagram (@WriterMomLifePodcast).
Mentioned in this video:
- The challenges writer moms have – balancing children, work, writing
- Started writing to bring in a little extra income even though she always wanted to be a writer
- Started writing with YA; the lessons that she learned through this process
- Found the Romance Genre when she saw a call for submissions
- Call for submissions!!!
- Working with co-writers
- Community and cross promoting
- Writer Mom Life podcast – http://writermomlife.com/podcast/
- Writing a book with someone else and how that kept her accountable
- Setting goals, timelines, release schedules
- Why she decided to write Sweet Romance
- Lots on the business side
- Read through rates and royalties
- The space she’s created for moms who are writers
- Setting expectations for your partner and family so that you can prioritize writing time
[bctt tweet=”Creator of @writermomlife podcast, Daphne James Huff, is at #womeninpublishingsummit talking about balancing working full-time and writing #books. #workingmom #womeninpublishing #authorpreneur #womenpodcasters #writinglife @womeninpublish1″ username=”katbiggie”]
There is ONE way to still access the full 2020 experience... you can get your Full Conference Pass upgrade now!
The Full Conference Pass/ Community Access is lifetime access to all of the presentations, in video and audio form. Additionally, you get access to a private support community where we are helping each other through our writing, publishing, and selling journeys. And bonus materials! Thousands of dollars of gifts, products, discounts, training, and more have been provided by our speakers and sponsors. You can learn more about the Full Conference Pass here or you can go ahead and grab it now!