Why Author-Entrepreneurs Choose Self-Publishing
Description: Editor Jodi Brandon in conversation with conference host Alexa Bigwarfe on why self-publishing is the route chosen by many authopreneurs.
Format: Video Q&A
Level: This presentation is for all levels.
CEO, Jodi Brandon Editorial
Jodi Brandon has more than 20 years' experience in book publishing. After many years working in traditional publishing (in-house at a Big Four, a book packager, and a niche publisher), Jodi and her husband relocated from New York to Philadelphia and she launched her freelance editing business. Today Jodi works primarily as a book editor and writing/publishing coach for CEOS, small business owners, creative entrepreneurs, bloggers, and solopreneurs who want to serve their business with a book.
Mentioned in this video:
Jodi's book, Write Publish Market
- Self-publishing is a great, and often the best option for entrepreneurs, because of timeline and control factor. The time to market can be very long.
- The timeline
- Still need to do a professional book – editing, cover, etc
- Editing – things to know
- What is a hybrid press?
- The importance of working with professionals for stuff that isn’t in their zone of genius
- Basic launch and marketing
- Pitfalls to be aware of in self-publishing
- Why you must order a print proof copy of your book before publishing or ordering a large quantity
- Why you shouldn’t focus on book sales
[bctt tweet=”#Editor @jodibrandon on why #selfpublishing is a viable route for #authorpreneurs #womeinpublishingsummit #womeninpublishing ” username=”womeninpublish1″]
There is ONE way to still access the full 2020 experience... you can get your Full Conference Pass upgrade now!
The Full Conference Pass/ Community Access is lifetime access to all of the presentations, in video and audio form. Additionally, you get access to a private support community where we are helping each other through our writing, publishing, and selling journeys. And bonus materials! Thousands of dollars of gifts, products, discounts, training, and more have been provided by our speakers and sponsors. You can learn more about the Full Conference Pass here or you can go ahead and grab it now!