How to Make a Living As A Writing
Description: Author Kasie Whitener on the ultimate goal for authors– making a living from your writing!
Format: Video Q&A
Level: This presentation is for all levels.
Author and Founder of Clemson Road Creative
Dr. Kasie Whitener is a professional writer and university lecturer. She hosts a weekly radio show called “Write On SC,” and a weekly Tweet Chat for writers (#wschat). She has delivered workshops on writing for Pat Conroy Literary Center, Winter Wheat Festival, the SC Book Festival, and the Fairfax County Public Library. Her first novel, After December, was published by Chrysalis Press in 2019. She’s President of Clemson Road Creative, a board member with the SC Writers Association, and the Richland County Chairperson for the SC Libertarian Party. She enjoys golf with her husband, Charlie, and swaps stories with her daughter, Hollie (11).
Mentioned in this video:
- Many ways to make a living as a writer – doesn’t have to be as a “novelist” – technical writer, ads writer, content creator; corporate writing
- Writers often have multiple streams of income
- MFA or not?
- The Right To Write – Invitation & Initiation Into the Writing Life by Julia Cameron
- Feedback – both taking and giving
- Writing critique groups
- #writeonsc WriteONSC radio show – makethepointradio.com
- After December – her debut novel
- Book clubs, author signings at bookstores, and how to make them different
There is ONE way to still access the full 2020 experience... you can get your Full Conference Pass upgrade now!
The Full Conference Pass/ Community Access is lifetime access to all of the presentations, in video and audio form. Additionally, you get access to a private support community where we are helping each other through our writing, publishing, and selling journeys. And bonus materials! Thousands of dollars of gifts, products, discounts, training, and more have been provided by our speakers and sponsors. You can learn more about the Full Conference Pass here or you can go ahead and grab it now!