Grant Writing for Authors
Description: Laura Lyles Reagan shares her expertise on applying for and winning grants that allow her to focus on writing projects.
Format: Video Q&A
Level: This presentation is for all levels.
Mentioned in this video:
- Grant writing for authors
- How Laura got $10,000 through a grant to write her book – subcontracts in the grants for workshops with local organizations and add in funding for writing the book
- Funding for other workshops that can help fund the book
- Grants for funding for speaking fees – if you’re speaking on social topics or for nonprofits or other places of need
- Brainstormed some ideas
- Local nonprofit, school districts, probation offices who are doing programming all the time and you can plug into the programming they already have; find one that aligns and figure out how to help them
- Lots opportunities!
- Outside of the box thinking
- Joan Dempsey’s book – This is Where it Begins
- Process of applying for a grant
- Goals, Organizational history, budget, curriculum, or materials that you need
- Her SMART Goal Writing for Grants worksheet is available in the membership area for All Access Pass holders
[bctt tweet=”@H2HParents is talking about #grants for authors. If you’re looking for ways to ease the financial burden of writing a book, this is the interview for you, #authorpreneurs! #womeninpublishing #womeninpublishingsummit @womeninpublish1″ username=”katbiggie”]
There is ONE way to still access the full 2020 experience... you can get your Full Conference Pass upgrade now!
The Full Conference Pass/ Community Access is lifetime access to all of the presentations, in video and audio form. Additionally, you get access to a private support community where we are helping each other through our writing, publishing, and selling journeys. And bonus materials! Thousands of dollars of gifts, products, discounts, training, and more have been provided by our speakers and sponsors. You can learn more about the Full Conference Pass here or you can go ahead and grab it now!