Speak Like a Boss!
Description: Podcast host Sasha Simmons on nailing speaking engagements, no matter your comfort level.
Format: Video Q&A
Level: This presentation is for all levels.
Speaker, Author, Podcast Host
Sasha R. Simmons is a Speaker, Writer and SevenThirtyOne Podcast Host, who is committed to teaching people how to create their lives! Sasha’s mantra is that anyone can achieve anything; it is simply a matter of “how bad” they want it!
Sasha is the founder of SpeakLife, LLC., a member of Toastmasters International, and Immediate Past President of the Greater Phoenix Urban League Young Professionals. Sasha holds a Master of Public Health from the University of North Florida and is the author of 20 Major Keys to Establish Your Own Greatness.
Much of Sasha’s inspiration stems from her own life. As a child, she was raised in an economically challenged community and oppressive religious institution causing her to encounter many difficult situations. Though faced with seemingly impossible challenges, she was determined to conquer the cycle of poverty that plagued her family. While studying at New York University, Sasha tapped into a power that taught her the formula for designing the life you want. With a clear vision and much resilience, Sasha is on a mission to empower, elevate, and encourage all to take charge of their lives and Never Stop at No!
Mentioned in this video:
Sasha's podcast, http://seventhirtyone.co/podcast/
- Sasha’s amazing story!
- Taking your message to a bigger stage
- How she began her speaking career (it had to do with a guy!)
- Believing you are a speaker is the first step
- How to define your message – focusing and narrowing down
- Taking a big story and narrowing it down with the SLAB formula to pull out the most important points
- Understanding the business of speaking
- How to determine the part people really want to hear about
- Importance of providing value
- How to find places to speak
- You have to be a LION!
- Sasha graciously mentored me through my thought process – what a coach would do with you
- Start speaking for free
- Things you need as a speaker
- The importance of practice
[bctt tweet=”@TheSashaSimmons, host of #731Podcast, is a boss at speaking and will teach #authors how to be a boss, too. #womeninpublishingsummit #womeninpublishing #womenpodcasters #podnation” username=”womeninpublish1″]
There is ONE way to still access the full 2020 experience... you can get your Full Conference Pass upgrade now!
The Full Conference Pass/ Community Access is lifetime access to all of the presentations, in video and audio form. Additionally, you get access to a private support community where we are helping each other through our writing, publishing, and selling journeys. And bonus materials! Thousands of dollars of gifts, products, discounts, training, and more have been provided by our speakers and sponsors. You can learn more about the Full Conference Pass here or you can go ahead and grab it now!