Do you want to boost your book's discoverability and skyrocket your sales on Kindle? Are you struggling to get your book noticed in the crowded marketplace? Our guest, Dave Chesson, has the perfect solution to help you achieve your goal of increased book exposure and higher sales on Amazon.
By using effective keywords, you can enhance your book's visibility and attract more potential readers to your page. Dave will be sharing his proven strategies and techniques to help you achieve greater success on Kindle. Get ready to achieve your desired outcome of increased book sales and greater readership through the power of keywords.
The most important part for a book is to make sure that the keywords you're using are synchronous with everything else. – Dave Chesson
Dave Chesson is a rockstar and one of the most knowledgeable people in the book publishing industry, certainly with respect to how to get more visibility through your keywords and categories.
About Dave Chesson:
Possessing a wealth of knowledge in Kindle sales and keyword optimization, Dave Chesson is a leading expert assisting self-published authors in enhancing their book visibility, ultimately resulting in increased sales. Drawing from his experience in search engine optimization and niche website building, Dave understands the intricacies of engaging with target markets on various platforms. As a former military veteran who found success in transitioning into entrepreneurship, Dave is driven by a passion to share his expertise and guide writers in optimizing their online presence and expanding their readership.
In this episode, we covered:
- Understand how pinpointing the right keywords can dramatically elevate your Kindle book's sales performance.
- Learn the significance of an eye-catching cover, title, and description on attracting and retaining readership.
- Tap into the minds of your target readers and communicate effectively for fostering strong engagement.
- Explore Dave Chesson's incredible journey from serving in the military to pioneering the field of Kindlepreneurship.
- Master the use of KDP Rocket and other innovative resources for enhancing your book marketing strategies and gaining higher visibility.
Making Sales on Kindle
There are two ways to make sales on Kindle: write a book that Amazon promotes to a pre-existing market, or go find the market somewhere on the Internet, grab their attention, drag them over to your book, and convince them to buy it. It's important to understand the demand opportunities and keywords that people use to search for books on Amazon.
- Discover the power of strategic keyword use for boosting Kindle book sales and visibility.
- Uncover the crucial role of compelling book covers, titles, and descriptions in captivating potential readers.
- Gain insights into identifying and connecting with your target audience through intentional content creation.
- Follow the inspiring story of Dave Chesson's transition from military life to becoming a Kindlepreneur founder.
- Check out KDP Rocket, a powerful tool designed to help authors find profitable keywords for their books on Amazon.
- Purchase Dave Chesson's book, Kindlepreneur's Book Marketing Guide, for in-depth strategies and tips on how to market your book successfully.
00:09:03 – Keywords for Nonfiction,
When it comes to nonfiction, Dave stresses that keywords are about the pain points or what people are looking for when they search for a book. It's important to find high-demand, low-competition keywords that are synchronous with your book's title, subtitle, and cover.
00:14:14 – KDP Rocket Tool,
Dave Chesson introduces KDP Rocket, a tool that provides authors with Amazon book ideas based on data analysis. The tool suggests better book ideas, provides information on money-making books, competition scores, and the number of people searching for a particular keyword.
00:19:00 – Two-Phase Process for Indexing,
To get Amazon to index a book for a keyword, it must be included in the seven fields for keywords in Kindle Direct Publishing. Other options include including the keyword in the book's title, subtitle, and within the book itself. Additionally, having a high conversion rate over other books for the same keyword will raise a book's ranking.
00:36:33 – Kindle Select and Building a Platform,
Kindle Select can be beneficial for newer authors to gain exposure, but may not be the best choice for established authors with an extensive marketing plan. A well-crafted author bio can also help bridge the gap between the book and the author's platform by connecting readers with the author on a personal level. Content upgrades can help with email sign-ups, but providing readers with a free book or prelude can help build a fan base.
00:46:30 – Getting Noticed as a Writer,
Dave Chesson emphasizes the importance of getting books in front of enough people and the right people. He believes that even amazing writers can miss out on opportunities if they don't get the exposure they need. Using KDP Rocket is just one tactic to help authors get noticed and get their work seen by potential readers.