ProWritingAid Blog: Helping Us All Write Better
Lisa Lepki discusses how the ProWritingAid Blog is helping authors everywhere improve their craft.
Lisa Lepki is Head of Marketing for ProWritingAid. With over 15 years in writing, marketing, and PR, she sometimes loves the technical elements of writing more than the writing itself. Lisa is currently working on her first novel and is Editor of the ProWritingAid Blog.
The ProWritingAid Blog is a great way to learn to be a better writer.
Used by thousands of writers, ProWritingAid is more than just a website; it is a community. Editing our blog is really my favorite part of my job. We've got a team of writers, bloggers that are from all over the world, who contribute. Some of them are fiction writers and they write about that. Some of them are copywriters. Some of them are just grammar nerds like me. We have some teachers that talk about how to use our tool for education and I love it.
We try and put a new article up there, if not every day, then every other day. We've just got this huge archive of resources now. I’d love for you to take a look! Our blog focuses on 7 key areas: The Writing Process, Blogging and Content Writing, Grammar Rules, Writing Apps, How to Use ProWritingAid, Business Writing, and ProWritingAid in the Classroom.
Link to the ProWritingAid Blog here >
- WHAT SORT OF CONTENT WILL WE FIND IN YOUR BLOG?
- We love blog posts that give practical advice to writers to help them improve their writing practice, or inspirational posts to help keep them motivated. Below are some great guest posts from the past:
- How Literary Devices Can Add Depth to Your Writing
- 10 free writing apps and tools
- Advice from Kurt Vonnegut that Every Writer Needs to Read
- The Drafts Your Novel Needs
(and Why You Probably Won't Use a Single Word of Your First Draft!)
- 4 Ways to Help Your Students Love Writing
- How to Get Your Guest Post Published on Top-Notch Websites
- CAN I WRITE A ‘GUEST POST’ FOR YOUR BLOG?
- You are welcome to pitch a selection of topics in advance of writing. But, please do not ask us to suggest topics for you. Your writing needs to be excellent. Run it through ProWritingAid before you send it to us! We look for a catchy title, a strong introduction, a well-formed argument, and a useful concluding paragraph. Make sure that it doesn't feel advertorial for your own site or product.
By writing a guest blog post, you will be helping other writers. Yay!
I'm sure that's reason enough. We'll throw in a couple extra perks just in case:
- A free Premium license:
If we publish your piece, we’ll give you a free 1-year ProWritingAid Premium license ($70 value).
- Access to our database of writers:
All blog posts are emailed out to over 115,000 writers with links to you and/or your website.
- Promotion across our social media:
All blog posts are shared across our social media and, we can link to your social media too.
For more information about ProWritingAid Blog submissions, read about Guest Blogging.
- WHAT OTHER TOOLS DO YOU OFFER TO HELP ME BECOME A BETTER WRITER?
- We're trying to create all the resources we can think of that will be useful for writers who want to get their ideas out there. We have some new ebooks that are going to be free for people attending the Women in Publishing summit. But generally, most of our ebooks are part of the Premium subscription for ProWritingAid. Once you're Premium, you get access to everything we've got. If you buy a Lifetime membership, you get access to all of our future upgrades. Once you're in, you're in!
All our users, free or not, get a book I co-authored called 20 Editing Tips from Professional Writers. Premium members also get these two books: The Novel-Writing Training Plan and Creating Legends, How to Craft Characters Readers Adore.
When you become one of our Premium users, you get access to a whole library of ebooks. One is called How to Build Your Author Platform, which Alexa contributed an amazing chapter to, and another one called How To Take Your Draft and Turn it into a Manuscript and Publish, which is all about whether or not you should be using traditional publishing or self-publishing and the pros and cons to each of them.
There are a couple of things that you also get as a premium user. We have a Writing Resources Library, which we're really putting some resources into. And one thing that we've just added to our website is a webinar we did with Jerry Jenkins, who's one of the top selling authors on Amazon. He talks all about his self-editing techniques with Chris Banks, who is our founder and created our software. The two of them talk about editing and why it's important and how it works. Of all the things we've done, it gets across how ProWritingAid helps in a really practical way.