Episode 73 – Developing your Author BRAND with DP Knudten
DP Knudten is a master at working with companies on branding. How much have you thought about the BRAND you're creating as an author. In this really interesting interview, we dig into what a personal brand is for an author and how you develop your own brand.
In today's episode – all about personal brands!
How much have you thought about the BRAND you're creating as an author. In this really interesting interview, we dig into what a personal brand is for an author and how you develop your own brand.
- What is personal branding, and why is it so important NOW!
- What's the difference between fictional branding and NonFiction Branding?
- How do new authors create their brand?
- Why should I be creating and codifying my personal brand?
- How to differentiate yourself from others in the same space.
- I hate social media. Why should I use it?
- What do you mean when you say if you're not a brand, you're a commodity?
- What are the easiest ways to begin building a personal brand right away?
DP’s worked on some of the biggest brands in the business including Coca-Cola®, The Athlete’s Foot®, and ClosetMaid® during tenures at DDB Needham (Chicago), McCann Erickson (Atlanta) and creative shops in Denver, Sarasota, and Madison, WI. He is the author of NONFICTION BRAND—Discover, craft and communicate the ‘completely true / completely you’ brand you already are,” and co-author of ROTOMA—The ROI of Social Media ‘Top of Mind/’ and the creator-host of the popular podcasts, The ROTOMA Podcast and NONFICTION BRAND. He is also a keynote speaker and clinician in branding, social media, creativity and culture for groups throughout the United States.
Learn more here:
Get DP's book: