Episode 75 – From Paris with Love
In this 75th episode of the PublishHer Podcast, Alexa Bigwarfe dives into the details of her writing trip to Paris, why she went, lessons learned on writing her first fiction novel, beta readers, marketing, and more.
Writing a novel is a big undertaking! Alexa Bigwarfe, host of the PublishHer Podcast and the Women in Publishing Summit, digs into her experiences in shifting from a nonfiction writer to writing her first novel.
In this episode Alexa covers:
- Her process to write her first novel, 4 Days in Paris, by Lexi Haddock (pen name) – including editing, revisions
- The Beta reader process
- Why she went to Paris to finish the book and what she learned in that experience
- Realistic expectations as a first-time novelist
- Realistic timelines and making sure to plan accordingly – and why she pushed her publishing date back
- Marketing tips – when to start, what to do, and when
- The importance of social media in launching a book and tools you can use to make it easier
- Author collaborations and the important role this can play in a book launch
If you're a new fiction writer or thinking about writing a fiction book, you'll want to check out this episode!