AI For Authors – Special 1 Day Mini Conference Event
The publishing industry is a BUZZ about AI these days. Much of what we're hearing is negative – the awful books created by AI, Amazon's new policies, publishers and agents rejecting books created by AI.
Let's be clear – our official stance on AI to WRITE books is absolutely NO.
However… that's not the whole picture for authors. AI can be greatly useful in helping you improve your book blurbs and descriptions, your bio, content you create to market your book, and save you a ton of time trying to labor over the best way to say: Buy My Book! 🙂
Register below for a FULL DAY of discussion and training around AI topics – and actionable tips you need to market your book! For the low cost of $47!
This is a fully virtual event, and will be held on Zoom. All sessions will be recorded and provided to the attendees/registrants after the event.
In this one day mini event, we're going to get into all of these aspects.
Schedule: (Nov 15, 2023, all times in EST/NY Time Zone)
10:00-11:00 Welcome, Introduction, and overview of AI as it pertains to authors: Alexa Bigwarfe
11:15-12:15 The Robots are Here: Key Legal Aspects of Using AI in your Writing: Jodé Millman, Esq.
In this session, we will explore:
- How can authors benefit from using ChatGPT in their writing process?
- Are there any best practices or strategies authors should follow to make the most effective use of ChatGPT in their writing?
- Are there any limitations or potential pitfalls authors should be aware of when using ChatGPT for their writing?
- What are the potential ethical considerations or challenges when using AI models like ChatGPT in the writing process?
- Can ChatGPT assist with research or fact-checking during the writing process? How dependable are the information sources used by the model?
- What are some specific ways in which ChatGPT can assist authors in generating ideas or overcoming writer's block?
- How can authors ensure that their writing maintains its unique voice and style when utilizing ChatGPT?
1:00-2:50 How Can Creative Writers Leverage AI: Claire O’Brien
In “How Creative Writers Can Leverage AI Without Compromising Their Authenticity” authors of all levels will learn why it's important to learn the technology and how to leverage it to support their creative pursuits. I will provide a tutorial on how to get started using ChatGPT along with suggestions of prompts specific to the needs of both fiction and nonfiction authors. I will also include a brief discussion of ethical and privacy issues that are of concern to writers.
At the end you will:
1 – Know how to sign on OpenAI with an account
2 – Know how to design an effective prompt
3- Have a list of key prompts to jump start your ChatGPT journey
4 – Q&A
2:00 – 3:00 Unlocking the Power of ChatGPT: A Comprehensive Guide to Seamlessly Repurpose and Amplify Your Content Strategy: Pooja Arshanapally
In “Repurposing Your Content with ChatGPT,” self-published authors leveraging their books as lead generators will discover the art of seamlessly repurposing their content to enhance various revenue streams, including podcasts, webinars, social media content, and more. Participants will gain hands-on experience transforming long-format content, such as podcast outlines and webinar scripts, into concise and impactful short formats, such as captivating social media captions.
This interactive workshop will guide authors through:
- Learn the essential techniques to leverage ChatGPT effectively, maximizing its potential to streamline content repurposing and strengthen marketing efforts.
- Creative Content Extraction: Discover how to identify and extract the key concepts from your book, empowering you to adapt your content for multiple platforms and reach diverse audiences.
- Seamless Repurposing Strategies: Acquire the skills to seamlessly transform long-format content into shorter, engaging pieces across various marketing streams, amplifying your book's impact and boosting revenue potential.
3:30-4:30 AI Enhanced Book Marketing Mary Helen Sheriff
Mary Helen Sheriff will demonstrate revolutionary power of AI-enhanced book marketing! She'll include tips for saving time writing sales copy that captures attention and drives book sales. She'll demonstrate techniques to optimize keywords, analyze market trends, and create compelling content that resonates with readers.
- Learn how to harness AI technology to analyze market trends, identify target audiences, and craft persuasive sales copy.
- Write sales-copy with AI
- Make data-driven decisions about pricing, promotions, and marketing channels through AI-driven data analysis.
Alexa Bigwarfe is a USA Today best-selling author, publisher, founder and CEO of Write|Publish|Sell, Kat Biggie Press, Purple Butterfly Press, and host of The Women in Publishing Summit. Alexa enjoys educating authors and publishing industry professionals, building community and networks for success. Her courses and training focus on publishing books that meet industry standards, author professional development, platform growth, and fun, creative ways to market books.
Jodé Millman is a New York Attorney and the award-winning author of the “Queen City Crimes” series. Jode is a Daphne DuMaurier Award for Excellence in Mystery/Suspense and Silver Falchion Finalist for her sophomore mystery, HOOKER AVENUE. The latest mystery in the series, THE EMPTY KAYAK, was released on May 30th. Jode received her BA and JD from Syracuse University, where she specialized in Intellectual Property, and she served as a Kaminstein Copyright Scholar while attending NYU Law School as a visiting student. Jodé is a reviewer for Booktrib.com, the host/producer of The Backstage with the Bardavon podcast, and the creator of The Writer’s Law School. She lives with her family in the Hudson Valley, where she is at work on the next installment of her series—novels inspired by true crimes in the region Jodé calls home. Discover more about Jodé, her work, and sign up for her newsletter at www.jodemillman.com.
Claire O'Brian‘s creative nonfiction writing has received numerous awards, including a nomination for a Pushcart Prize, first prize in the ASJA's Annual Writing Awards in the Personal Essay category, and the grand prize of the Hippocampus Creative Nonfiction 2020 contest. She holds an MFA in creative nonfiction from Queens University of Charlotte. Claire lives in Costa Rica with her husband and a herd of rescue dogs.
Poojah Arshanapally: From an early age, Pooja learned a profound truth: education is the key to opportunities. As she grew older, her passion for the education sector deepened, and she discovered the power of books as an affordable gateway to knowledge. Now, Pooja is dedicated to assisting authors in leveraging their books as lead generators, unlocking new opportunities and providing access to valuable educational resources. Together, they can empower authors to amplify their impact and inspire a lifelong love for learning through the written word.
Mary Helen Sheriff serves as an Author Marketing Coach, helping authors save time and money on their journey to sell more books. She's the author of women's fiction Boop and Eve’s Road Trip, the CEO of Bookish Road Trip, and co-editor of Launch Pad: The Countdown to Marketing Your Book. She writes “Journey into Book Marketing,” a blog column for Bookish Road Trip, and “The Book Biz,” a column in Women’s Fiction Writers Association’s e-zine Write ON!
Register here: https://writepublishsell.thrivecart.com/ai-authors/