Publisher & Service Provider Training Event
Calling all new and aspiring publishers, publishers who have team members that need training in publishing basics (and not so basic things!) and author service providers who assist or coach authors (or want to!)
Introducing the all-new Publisher Training Extravaganza – a two-day virtual training event.
Over the course of two days we’ll be digging into TONS of vital publishing information to help you learn, grow, and prosper as a publishing professional.
All sessions will be recorded and there is no expiration date on access.
THE BEST PART IS YOU CAN BRING YOUR TEAM MEMBERS WITH YOU or in your place! At no extra cost.
Publishing experts from all over the industry will join us to talk about:
- Common publishing mistakes even experts can make and how to avoid them
- Publisher essentials of ISBNs, imprints, formatting, covers, positioning, KDP categories, and setting books up properly on IngramSpark
- Project Management plans and how to make them work for your publishing business
- Ways to collaborate with publishing peers to save money and time AND build community
- Proven processes and tips to get books into libraries and bookstores – implementation workshop – we're covering the HOW
- Key legal considerations for authors and small publishers
- The most effective way to onboard new authors and have great relationships
- Using data to drive your business strategy and help you make spending decisions
- Distribution deep-dive, going beyond print-on-demand to working with a distributor to get your authors’ books where they need to be
- Bookkeeping basics for publishers, including structuring royalties
- How (and when) to consider partnerships with larger publishers
This two-day celebration of all things publishing is happening on June 7 & 8, and you DO NOT want to miss this chance to boost your publishing knowledge and find your publishing community! Get signed up right here, and mark your calendars for two days of publishing business growth power sessions!
- Alexa Bigwarfe (The Women in Publishing Summit, Purple Butterfly Press)
- Keri Rae Barnum (New Shelves Books)
- Tara Alemany (Emerald Lake Books)
- Kim Eley (KWE Books)
- Emily Storm-Smith, JD
- Jeff Bigwarfe, MBA, CMA
- Layne Booth (The Project Booth)
- Jennifer Dolce (Pathway Book Services)
- Arielle Haughee (Orange Blossom Books)
- Michelle Vandepas (GracePoint Publishing)
You don’t know what you don’t know…until you’re paying the invoice for “what you didn’t know” actually COST.
Let us help you avoid those experiences!